Thursday, December 31, 2009

The Closet



This week's project is my closet. Well, technically it's my husband's closet, too, but he never seems to be in there, so I think I have more claim over it. It used to be beautiful with clothes hung and organized by style, a mirror that made me look skinnier than I am, and shoes organized in perfect fashion.

It lasted for a few weeks after we moved in, and that was it. Now it has fallen victim to the "oh crap someone is coming over who hasn't seen the house yet and I have to clean my bedroom!" phenomena. In haste I threw everything clothing related into the closet... now it is impossible to open the door more than a few inches.

So this week my closet will be purged. Clothes will be folded and put in my dresser. Others will be hung with care. No longer will I run around madly in the morning searching for an outfit to wear to work; it will all be readily accessible. What a change this will be in my life!

I have not yet decided what to do with my husband's things. After all, I am a working mother who takes care of the children alone after work. My husband works nights and only has himself to take care of when he gets home in the morning. I think he should fold his own clothes and hang his own things up. But chances are they will stay in the same bin that they've been in for months if I leave it. We will see what happens with that one!

3 comments:

  1. Good plan....looking forward to seeing the results!

    I think all men are just hard-wired like that...DH can't pick up his clothes. It's infuriating. :)

    Love the new background!

    ReplyDelete
  2. In my house I do the laundry, but DH folds and puts it away. I don't know how you have the chores divided, but this way it keeps me from doing the part I can't stand, which is the actual putting away. If I were single, I would live out of my dryer. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Treva, I hate putting the clothes away, too! I love doing laundry and folding warm, clean clothes, but I hate carting everything up the stairs to put away!

    I think that once I get the closet organized and the drawers organized dh should be able to put at least his clothes away and the boy's clothes away.

    Thanks for the great suggestion!!

    ReplyDelete