Thursday, December 31, 2009

The Game Plan

So here's the game plan. Every week I'm going to tackle some type of cleaning project that will help get my house completely decluttered and organized by the end of the year. I will not work on this project every day... it will be worked on until complete that week.

As a working mother, there is no way that these projects are going to be large projects. I already know what my first project is... cleaning out the master closet. It's nothing huge, but it is a big deal to me and it will help with the overall flow of the house.

I plan on posting daily, but it might happen every other day if things are busy. When I post, I plan to post pictures with DATES to show how my house looks for that day. You'll see the bad and the good, but hopefully a lot more good than bad. I will post my weekly chore list and make sure that these things are actually finished before I go to bed at night.

Do not think that I am the only one who will be doing things around the house. I have a capable husband and two children who will be helping as they are able. There will be chores assigned to all of us, and no one will be exempt from this unless they are ill. This will not be a fad-it is a lifestyle change.

So get ready to follow me through a tiring journey of cleaning, cleaning, cleaning! Now I'd better get off my butt and get started because the New Year is here TOMORROW!

3 comments:

  1. Awesome! What a great blog idea! I'll be following...heaven knows I need inspiration in this area.

    Just a thought...the white and blue sidebar make it hard to read the text, since it's white. You're probably already working on that, so I'll leave you alone, but I thought I'd mention it just in case.

    Good luck with your resolution!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the input! I've never fooled with html/css before, so I'm trying to get it worked out. On my screen it looks like it's just on the side and not covering anything, but I'm going to try to find a different background that is actually for blogs lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Small projects add up! Even a 10 minute project like sorting a single shelf or drawer makes that space easier to use, and build on one another.

    This background is better - I can see all the words now!

    ReplyDelete