Thursday, February 11, 2010

Getting Rid of the Clutter

So this past week I've been focusing on one question: "Do we need this?"

Right now I'm going through things to figure out what we need and what we don't need. Do the boys need to keep that toy that they never play with? No, they don't. Just because I remember exactly when we bought that tractor and how excited Levi was to have the tractor doesn't mean I need to keep that tractor when neither child has played with it in months. No, that doesn't sound very convincing right now, but honestly, I'm doing it. I'm doing it and it feels good to get rid of stuff. Not that I've actually been able to get rid of anything, but it's being packed away until I can have a giant yard sale in the spring or at the very least until the Snowmagedon thaws a bit and I can get out to a donation drop box!

I can't wait until I finish getting everything put away so that I can show you guys some pictures. You'll be so proud at how clean the play room is!

2 comments:

  1. I am way too sentimental when it comes to the kids toys. I need to purge the toy room as well, so thanks for the motivation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome.... you can do it! Take pics, we can't wait to see what you've done :)

    ReplyDelete