Thursday, February 4, 2010

You Know Your House is a Mess When...

  1. You do a load of dishes and can't figure out what that is at the bottom of the sink or how it got there.
  2. There are crusted over cereal bits glued to the table and you can't remember when the last time the kids had cereal was.
  3. Psh... you don't need a dresser! You have a perfectly good chair in the living room!
  4. Someone asks you if you're wearing a new shirt... you're not, but it's been so long since you've last worn it because it was lost in the deep abyss that is your home.
  5. You convince yourself that you really don't like socks anyway, so the fact that you can't find any really isn't a big deal.
  6. You're excited that your friends aren't coming over tomorrow because there's going to be a ton of snow... that means that you don't have to run around like a crazy person cleaning to make the house presentable! Nevermind the fact that it also means you won't get to see your friends...

Guess what I just did? A load of dishes. And I found some gunk in the drain that I have no idea what on earth it could possibly be. Maybe remenents of dinner from long ago? Who knows, but I'm glad that the sink was cleaned out a little bit. I've probably got two more loads before the dishes are finished, but at least my husband cleaned the counters off!

Now on to the playroom. We decided to move it to the bedroom next to the boys. I think it will help to keep the toys in a more central location and it will foster a better relationship between the boys and the upstairs lol! They don't even want to sleep in their own room... but if they get used to playing up there, maybe they will sleep there, too!

After my husband leaves for work, I'm going to straighten up our room (which is, surprisingly, not that bad at all), and then at least get the clothing mountain moved from the chair/floor to the rooms in which it belongs.

This weekend we're supposed to get a ton of snow. Maybe being snowbound will encourage me to clean because there won't be anything else to do! Maybe it will also encourage my husband to put the bunk beds we've had for a year together... who knows! lol

Anyway, if it doesn't get too late I'll post pictures tonight of my progress. It's really embarassing to just post the before pictures, so I feel the need to clean things up before posting pictures so you can see that it looks good lol!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness - do we have the same sink?!? Your sink sounds just like mine ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much! It's great to know I'm not alone in the mess of my home!!

    ReplyDelete