Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Good Morning!

Due to an unexpected day off (gr...), I'm able to post and get some stuff done today. Yay for that at least!
Yesterday I was not as productive as I had hoped to be. However, I did get some cleaning done in the kitchen.

Before

After

Now a debbie downer would say hey, that still looks like crap! But if you look carefully you'll see a cleaned off stove and that the back counters are cleared. My purse is on there, but it was put away later. Yes, the island still desperately needs de-cluttered, but it's a start. I did 3 loads of dishes in the dishwasher yesterday... 3 LOADS! And then I did another one this morning. That does include dinner dishes and breakfast though.

The reason the kitchen got so bad was because I had two cake orders this weekend. I usually only do one a weekend because I know how stressful it is to do two, but one was for my niece's baptism so I really couldn't turn that down :)

Now on to the playroom. The playroom was a disaster. Here's the before:

To be honest, the playroom never stresses me out or worries me. It's not too difficult to clean as everything has a spot where it's supposed to be. I think that's one reasno why it doesn't get as cleaned as I'd like it to though: I just let it go because I know it's the easiest room to straighten in a hurry! Oh, and you can probably tell how much of a slacker I am by the missing curtain... it's in the chair waiting to be put up!
Here's the after:

It's far from perfect, but it's a start!

And the last thing I'm going to show you now is my living room which is, by all means, still a minor disaster. Here's the before though, so you can see that I really did work on it!

The laundry chair has become a laundry chair again, much to my dismay. I want to post our chore list because I did divide things up nicely. However, my husband hasn't really been doing his "chores"... one of which is putting folded clothes away! So right now the chair thing is more on principle than me not having the time to put them away.

If you're wondering what all of the white papers are on the floor, wonder no more. It's toilet paper. In a moment of less than super supervision, the children got a roll of toilet paper out and tp'd the living room. Ugh!

Here's the after picture:

Once again, far from perfect but it certainly is an improvement!
Today's To-Do List:
  1. finish straightening downstairs
  2. clean bathrooms
  3. put away junk that's between kitchen and living room
  4. finish putting away CHRISTMAS DECORATIONS! AHHH!!
  5. clean upstairs loft

2 comments:

  1. I still think you should declutter and get rid of some stuff. It makes it so much easier to clean when there is less to clean around LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So I guess you gave up on this? Too bad, you were doing pretty well, and I looked forward to the updates on your blog.

    ReplyDelete