Monday, January 11, 2010

Monday To-Do List

Wow I can't believe I wasn't able to post for several days! My wireless internet router is not working properly, so I'm stuck upstairs with my laptop. I would post downstairs with the kids, but they have no interest of coming upstairs with me lol!

So the good news with that is that I've been getting a lot done and not spending as much time on the computer, which happens to be one of my biggest time sucks. The bad news is that I have not been able to document any of this progress!

Since I have the day off, I'm going to try to get quite a bit done. It's already 1pm here and we haven't done much, but I still have plenty of time to work.

  1. I've dissasembled the tree room and turned it back into the playroom. However, the toys are everywhere and it is a complete disaster area! My number one goal today is to get it organized and clean
  2. Tidy up the kitchen. I was good with keeping up with the dishes over the weekend, but junk has piled up on the counters that needs to be put away, especially before I start cooking dinner.
  3. Clean the foyer. I posted a picture a few days ago and it hasn't gotten any better!
  4. Spend 20 minutes cleaning off the dressers (this week's weekly project).
  5. Straighten up the living room, finish unpacking DVDs and books (you'd think we just moved in!)
  6. Put wall hangings up

I think that's it for now. With playing with the kids and preparing and cleaning up from dinner in there, I think I have my work cut out for me!

2 comments:

  1. Yesterday was our tree take-down day - oh, the mess that is left behind!! It's amazing how many toys and gifts a tree can hide!

    Our kitchen counters and table were always horribly messy as they were the resting spot of everything that came into the house. A few weeks ago we made a new 'rule' that the table and counters are clear before we go to bed. I can't even begin to tell you how amazing I feel every morning when I walk into a clean and tidy kitchen. I'm a not-completely-reformed slob so your blog really appeals to me - I feel like everyone else is so good at making houses look wonderful and it's nice to know that there is someone else out there that isn't a natural :)

    Stacy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Lordy no... cleaning and being neat is so beyond natural for me!

    I like the idea of having the counters cleaned before bed every night. I tried to institute something similar with my "no dish left behind" mandate, but while the dishes aren't being left behind, everything else is! I think I'll try your idea for the counters :)

    ReplyDelete