Saturday, January 2, 2010

The Laundry Chair

Good Morning!

Well, closer to afternoon. We stayed up very late watching some movies (The Proposal was hilarious by the way!), and so we slept in. However, even though I haven't been awake long I did cook breakfast for the kiddos and cleaned up from breakfast. As you all know I hate cleaning, the fact that breakfast is cleaned in the kitchen is huge! It's been said that if you do something long enough it becomes a habit that is near impossible to break. Hopefully this whole cleaning the kitchen thing becomes second nature very soon. I mean really, who leaves disgusting dishes and pans on the counter for days? I don't want to be that person anymore.

Today's To-Do List:
  • straighten living room and playroom

  • sweep and mop kitchen floor

  • finish taking the Christmas tree down

  • work for 20 minutes (straight) in the closet

  • clean clothes out of the "laundry chair"

Let me briefly describe the laundry chair to you. When we first moved into our beautiful new home (because it really is beautiful and I do love it, which is one reason why the mess has GOT to go!), we bought these amazing chairs at a local store. We got them for a great price. They're soft and they recline and the color matches the decor perfectly.

But what does it matter anyway? These chairs spend 90% of their time covered in clothes! The clothes come out of the dryer and immediately go on the chair. Both my husband and I are guilty of this. A commenter recently said that she could happily live out of the dryer... well, we could live out of this chair (and have for a long time!). Here's a recent picture of the chair in question. Keep in mind that this is after we cleaned everything for a Christmas Eve party, so this is really just one load of laundry and not the typical four or five loads:

We have two of these chairs, though one is in a different room. The other chair boasts of toys, a bunch of junk, and my husband's jacket. By the end of today I will have dated pictures of these chairs completely cleaned off, along with a list of other things that were finished.

See, it's little things, too. In this picture my jacket is sprawled across the chair. My husband's jacket is on the other chair. We have a coat closet ten steps away from where our jackets are. Why are the on the chairs? It's the little things that contribute to the giant mess!

Now I'm off. It's time to get crack-a-lackin!

3 comments:

  1. Hey, don't beat yourself up too bad; they ARE CLEAN clothes. That's gotta count for something! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We've had a laundry love seat for more than a year. Clearly we didn't need that seating, so I moved it out to the garage and, miraculously, laundry has not been piling up in that spot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We say crack-a-lackin here too. I thought it was just our family. Too funny!

    ReplyDelete