Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Okay, Wow...

I am exhausted. I couldn't get to sleep last night and ended up wide awake at 1am. I had to get up at 5:45 to be alert and focused at work. Boooyyy was that fun! lol Thank goodness for awesome special ed teachers and co-labs!

Anyway, this is definitely going to be an adjustment. I'm a little irritated that my husband got home from work at 9-10am (not sure when exactly as I was at work), and did nothing around the house. The tv was on the Sports Center channel, so I know exactly what he did.

So the focus for tonight has shifted to a chore list. I know it seems silly to make a chore list for me and my husband to follow, but I think that maybe if he knows what needs to be done on what days, he will actually get something done. I'm going to make it a "first come" type of deal. Maybe we'll have two or four things to get done per day and he can pick which one or two things he's going to do that day.
The batteries on my camera are dead so no new pictures today. However, I will show you the two projects I'm debating for next week. I'm either going to clean my baking cabinet and switch it with the cup cabinet or sort out the boxes and clean off the tops of our dressers. What do you think I should do first?


I will add that my baking cabinet is essential to my small business, but since I haven't been advertising and working much with it, I've let it go completely to the wayside.

The cups to the left on the long dresser, if you remember, are no longer there :)
I'm thinking that dressers will be next week's goal. Even though the cabinet is disgusting, I like the idea of finishing up the closet and then branching out to the rest of the bedroom.

1 comment:

  1. When I was working my DH and I often communicated through a small white dry erase board in the bathroom. It was propped over the sink handles so we were both sure to see it. (Who doesn't go into their bathroom a few times a day, right?) I would leave a message a few times a week asking him to help with XYZ and ABC. He would leave me messages about calling for his dr's appts and picking up his prescriptions and such. He doesn't drive, so I did these things to accommodate my work schedule. My husband's frequent "chores" are keeping the cat box clean, feeding/watering the cats, folding and/or putting away the clean laundry, and sometimes doing dishes or making dinner. He does other stuff, too, but those were the kind of daily things he did to help out. Men think differently than women and it took me a long time to realize that he didn't mind helping, but if it's out of sight, then it's out of mind. I can't say I'm any better; I've often overlooked things. But that whiteboard really helped us a lot to keep our lives straight.

    ReplyDelete