Monday, January 4, 2010

I Feel Productive!

Okay, so I haven't finished everything on the to-do list. But I'm thrilled with what I've gotten finished so far and I know that this evening I can finish some other things like the chore list and the weekly menu.

So I worked on the closet today for quite a bit. It's not finished yet, but it's almost there. There are a few baskets that need cleaned out, a small pile of clothes left to hang, and a giant bin of socks to sort. The folded clothes still need to be put away, but they're folded! The hard part is finished :)





Here's a picture of how it looks now. I think I'm making pretty good progress!




So after I worked on the closet and got the kids down for a nap, I focused on the playroom/tree room. I did not get the tree down because my husband had to go to bed before I was ready. But I did get the room straightened. It's not ideal to have all of the Christmas things piled up on the fireplace, but it's better than all over the floor and they will be easier to bring upstairs, downstairs, or anywhere else they're going. Plus, I was able to get all of the stupid pine needles off the floor. There were SO many!



Here's the finished product. I'm very happy to be able to turn and see a nice, straightened room. Plus the living room was straightened up while the boys slept, so that's another bonus. It really feels good to be able to just sit in a clean house, to work in a clean kitchen, and get up and get dressed in an almost clean closet!


Oh, and I had a surprise project today that I worked on. When I cleaned out bedroom I found a million nasty sippy cups. I was pretty sure most were water, but who really knows. I emptied them all out and cleaned them. It was really gross, but now we won't have to search around for sippy cups anymore! There were more, but they were on a different part of my dresser and not in the picture.



And of course I got a lot of other things done today. I opened the coat closet and saw I couldn't put something away so I straightened that up. Someone on a forum I frequent said her New Year's Resolution is "Do it Now" and I thought of that as I straightened the closet! I also kept the kitchen clean, did a bunch of laundry, and put some more Christmas ornaments away. Overall, I don't feel like a lazy slob today at all :)

4 comments:

  1. Great job! I like the Do it Now idea too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks... I really like the concept, too. Someone once told me that if something is only going to take 30 seconds to do then do it. It's kind of the same principle :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here from your awesome comments on Emily's blog of well, craziness half the time.

    Oh I love your blog!!!


    Your house looks like mine. I fact I have the same problem with clutter, washing up, etc etc. :-O glad I am not the only one!

    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL! Oh boy.. Emily's blog!

    Thanks for the comment! This year I really want to slowly go through all of the problem areas and get the house de-cluttered and CLEAN. It's hard to be motivated sometimes though, which is why I started this blog. Knowing that I'm going to be posting dated pictures every evening helps me stay motivated to clean, clean, clean!

    Now I'm off to do the dishes from dinner... ugh!!!

    ReplyDelete