Monday, January 4, 2010

Monday To-Do List

I woke up this morning thinking that I had an orthodontist appointment. Part of being a messy slob is that I lose things, like my retainer. I found it after I had already gone through all of the preliminaries for a new and much better retainer. Want to know where it was? Underneath my son's bed. Crazy, I know lol!

Anyway, I don't have a doctor's appointment today but the good thing about getting up early, getting ready, and getting out of the house is that I'm already up and motivated to get things done. This is my last day before returning to work, so I'm really hoping to get quite a bit done.

To-Do List:
  1. Spend at least 30 minutes cleaning in the closet
  2. Finish getting the tree down (this will require my husband's help, so I'm not sure if it will happen today or not. This might just be wishful thinking!)
  3. Take down Christmas decorations
  4. Put regular wall hangings back up
  5. Wash, Dry, and Fold at least 3 loads of laundry (husband puts away)
  6. Clean play room/Christmas tree room
  7. Decide what toys will stay downstairs and what toys belong in the boy's room
  8. Make weekly menu
  9. Make weekly chore list (this is important!!)
  10. I feel like there should be an even 10 to round out the list... hmm... bathrooms sound good!

I know that there is a lot, but I didn't do very much yesterday and I know that I can get at least most of this finished today. I want to have one last cleaning hurrah before I head back to work!

Oh, and for my yearly to-do list, definitely add pay bills on time! We never get an internet bill, but I know it's due on the 23rd each month. I turned on my computer this morning to write up my to-do list before leaving and the internet didn't work. We owed 4 months on it... ack! And this month I don't get a paycheck because work was closed for two weeks. Thank goodness we stockpile food and can live out of the pantry and freezer this month. Having a grocery budget of next to nothing will really help!

Before I go, here's a picture of part of the laundry mess that I want to get cleaned today. Around the corner is another overflowing basket. We don't really have laundry room, more like a laundry closet, so it's very important to keep it clean. Not that I ever do, but that was the OLD me!

1 comment:

  1. Can you have your interent bill set up to directly debit your checking account? Or if you don't want to do that, can you go to their website and set up a payment reminder to go to your email?

    ReplyDelete