Sunday, January 3, 2010

Sunday To-Do

Today's to-do list is:

  • Straighten the living room
  • Finish taking down the Christmas tree

That's all I'm going to put on the list because honestly I don't know what I'm going to get done. My oldest was awake every 15 or so minutes last night crying and screaming about stuff that was actually nothing. Now he's up happy as a clam and I'm exhausted, so who knows what will get done today. The only guarantee is that the kitchen WILL STAY CLEANED.

Like Cassie Bee said in the comments... when you wake up to a clean kitchen, everything is right in the morning. So even though I'm exhausted and dreading what the day has to hold, the kitchen is clean and I can breathe a little easier.

And now we're off to church, the one part of the day that I will actually enjoy :)

3 comments:

  1. This may seem silly, but I like to have a short list. That way when I get more done I'm super-excited, but pleased nonetheless when just what is on the list is done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't stress yourself out over it either. By "clean" I mean *most* of the dishes done.. for example, last night when I went to bed there was a pan in the sink that needed washed and one of the kids had a bowl of cereal late last night and a plate so that is on the counter too. Overall, though, it's tidy. :)

    My other tip is for the bathroom.. after I get out of the shower when I'm locked in there already because I'm putting on makeup or drying my hair, I'll quickly wipe down the counters and the toilet with a clorox wipe. I also try to keep things picked up off the floor in there.. kids clothes/books/etc. I only scrub the toilet once a week but do the general quick wipe down maybe 2/3 days a week and it takes minutes to do that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute blog! I'm going to follow... my husband MJ and I are terrible at keeping our beautiful new house clean, hard as we try.

    ReplyDelete